- 77% of Americans have given a gift card in the last year and more than two thirds of survey respondents plan to give a gift card in the next quarter of a year.
- According to a survey conducted by CardCash, the average American has around $100 in unused gift cards.
- Nearly one-quarter (22 percent) of consumers used a gift card to buy something they wouldn’t have bought on their own.
- 72% of customers will spend MORE than the value of their card.On average the recipient will spend 20% MORE than their gift card value.
- According to Forbes, retail purchases made with prepaid cards will top U.S. $200 billion dollars in 2014. Around 25% of this is purchases made with gift cards.
These are just some facts presented by cardcash.com